A Minimal Easy and Sultry Smokey Eye Look
A classic smoky eye look works both during day and night time – and looks great with all different types of lip colors. Pair this makeup look with soft or baby pink lips for daytime, bright red for a power meeting, bright orange for a shopping day with the girls, and sultry mauves and berries for date night.
A sultry smokey eye makeup look, often worn with a sheer lip gloss or a nude gloss such as Nars Orgasm tend to be celebrity favorites which look good on people of all ages and skin tones – Universally flattering! Notice in all celebrity images below, the shadow is muted and well blended while the eye liner is deep and smoked out for intensity.
How to create a sultry smokey eye look:
I want to show how how to create this quickly and easily. This minimal foolproof smokey eye can be achieved quickly and easily because I use just a handful of makeup essentials to create it. Here are step by step directions to smoke out your eye without looking like a racoon in the end:
- Apply an eyeshadow base all over your lid. Urban Decay primer potion is one of my favorites.
- I use three matte eye shadows- light beige shade on the lid, and an orange-brown towards the corners of the lid very well-blended. Lastly, I put a dark brown shadow under my water line.
- Black kohl liner for the water line – this is my current favorite: Maybelline New York Eyestudio Master Precise Skinny Eye Pencil in Black – It lasts all day and doesn’t run down your face when weather gets humid!
- A black liquid eyeliner for the lids, extended out and upwards. To eliminate harshness, I trace the liner with a black matte eye shadow, blending it upwards towards the outer corners of the eyes.
- Lastly, several coats of black mascara on both upper and lower eyelashes.
Using blendable matte eye shadows, even beginners can create this smokey eye which in my opinion pairs well with all shades of lips. Below I swatched 6 different shades of lipsticks so you can get an idea.
Makeup Forever Rouge Artist Intense Satin Orange Beige – This is a rich lipstick saturated with bold pigments and has a creamy texture. It glides on effortlessly and is hydrating so your lips won’t feel chapped and dry at the end of the day.
Makeup Forever Rouge Artist Intense Pearly Violet – Violet and gray hair and lips have been on trend for quite some time now. This violet shade is a perfect mix between purple and berry, meaning you don’t have to be a daredevil to try this shade of violet. The makeupforever formula is soft and creamy and actually feels good on your pout.
Dose of Colors Liquid Matte Lipstick Berry Me – This is a velvety yet matte lipstick so your lips won’t feel dry upon application. It glides on smoothly and stays put throughout the day. However, I do recommend wearing a chapstick first.
Lime Crime Velvetines – Red Velvet – This my favorite red shade that’s easy to apply and lasts all day without getting on your teeth (major plus)! If you always wanted to try red lipstick but just don’t know which shade or brand to try- get this one, as its honestly foolproof and compliments all different skin tones.
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss in Pink Pop – This a great drugstore find, and is my go to lipgloss when I need a quick swipe of gloss with a little color.
Hope you enjoyed this post, and for the very least got inspired to out this easy to achieve yet sultry makeup look yourself!